Administrator Certification ProgramThe Administrator Certification Program is legislatively mandated and designed to help ensure that persons employed as administrators of residential facilities have the requisite knowledge and qualifications to appropriately care for facility residents. Administrators are individuals designated by licensees to act on behalf of the licensee in the overall management of their facilities. Licensees and administrators may be one and the same person.
The Administrator Certification Program is administered by the Administrator Certification Section (ACS) of the Community Care Licensing Division, Policy, Training and Certification Branch, Training and Certification Bureau. The ACS staff process applications for administrator certification and also approve/disapprove training vendors and their proposed courses.
Laws and Regulations
- Laws re: Administrator Certification (Health & Safety Code 1522.41 for GH and STRTP; 1562.3 for ARF; 1569.616 for RCFE)
- Regulations re: Administrator Certification re: administrators and vendors
- The historical rulemaking file for the regulation updates effective Jan. 1, 2016 is available at CCL Administrator Certification Program
- DRAFT Interim Standards re: administrator certification for Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Programs (STRTPs)
Application Processing Dates*
As of 1/04/2017, ACS is currently processing administrator applications received:
- Initials – the week of December 8, 2016
- Renewals – the week of November 2, 2016
*Note: If your application received date is not on or before the week listed above, please refrain from contacting ACS regarding application status until your week is posted.