Administrator Certification ProgramThe Administrator Certification Program is legislatively mandated and is designed and intended to upgrade the knowledge and educational levels of persons currently employed as administrators and persons wishing to become administrators of Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE), Adult Residential Facilities (ARF), and Group Homes (GH) through a certification process. Administrators are individuals designated by licensees to act on behalf of the licensee in the overall management of their facilities. Licensees and administrators may be one and the same person.
The Administrator Certification Program is administered by the Administrator Certification Section (ACS) of the Community Care Licensing Division, Technical Assistance and Policy Branch, Technical Assistance Bureau. The ACS is comprised of the certification and vendor units. The ACS is also legislatively mandated to approve/disapprove all vendors of initial and continuing education training programs, including courses and instructors.
- The Insider (quarterly newsletter)
Beginning January 1, 2015, ACS will no longer accept administrator continuing education courses approved by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) or National Association of Long-Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB). Please read The Insider – Winter 2014-15 for more information.
As of 04/20/2015, ACS is currently processing applications received on:
- Initials – the week of February 2nd, 2015
- Renewals – the week of January 19th, 2015
**Please note: If your application receive date is not on or before the week listed above, please refrain from contacting ACS regarding application status until your week is posted.**
- How to become a certified administrator (1/15)
- Laws re: administrator certification (Health & Safety Code 1522.41 for GH; 1562.3 for ARF; 1569.616 for RCFE)
- Administrator Qualifications, Duties, and Recertification Regulations
- Laws re: facility operations (California Community Care Facilities Act ( H&SC 1500 et seq ) for ARF and GH; Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly ( H&SC 1569 et seq )).
- Initial Administrator Test Procedures and Protocol
- Statewide Testing Schedule and Regional Office Contact Information
- How and When to Check on Test Results (1/15)
- Initial Administrator Application Check List
- Extension Request
- Administrator Certification Renewal Process (1/15)
- How and When to Check Application Status (11/14)
- Background Check Instructions (1/15)
* Note: Recommend use of mail service that provides delivery confirmation for administrator applications